Our community benefits when we shop locally:
- More of our money is kept in our local economy. For every $100 we spend at locally owned businesses, $68 tends to stay in our community.
- We create local jobs. Local businesses are better at creating higher-paying jobs for our neighbors. When we shop locally, we help create jobs in our community.
- We help the environment. Buying from a locally owned business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation and less packaging.
- We nurture our community. Local business owners know you, and you know them. Studies have shown that local businesses donate to community causes at home.
- We conserve our tax dollars. Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money available to beautify our community.
- We create more choices. Locally owned businesses pick the items and products they sell based on what they know we like and want. Local businesses carry a wider array of unique products because they buy for their own individual markets.
- We get to take advantage of local expertise. You are our friends and neighbors, and locally owned businesses have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. We're passionate about what we do. Why not take advantage of it?
- We invested in entrepreneurship. Creativity and entrepreneurship are what the economy is founded upon. Nurturing local business ensures a strong community.
- We made our community a destination. The more interesting and unique our community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors, and guests. This benefits everyone!